Thursday 26 November 2009

Thanksgiving

Ill keep this one short...

I expected on one of the best American holidays to feel more homesick than ever. I've learned though, that home is what you make it. Yesterday we had an incredible thanksgiving meal together... all of us Americans cooking our favorite dishes for each other, and our swedish and english friends. We impressed ourselves, I think. None of us had ever had to make thanksgiving without the watchful eyes of mom and grandma. Nor did we ever have to organize it ourselves.

Needless to say, pilgrim and indian headdresses were made (we are education majors after all), and "i'm thankful fors" were said over piles of stuffing, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie.

It was an amazing group. Its been an amazing semester so far. As much as I miss home... I'm starting to feel like I actually have a place here now... so I'm going to be very sad to say goodbye.

But for now, I'm off to Barcelona for my last trip of the semester! Updates to follow

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. and God Bless you! I'm so grateful for everything this year has brought me

No comments:

Post a Comment